- As an exciting conclusion to our All About Me topic, St John Ambulance visited the afternoon group today, to share knowledge and further develop their pre existing theories regarding being in an ambulance.
- The children were developing their turn-taking skills as they enjoyed a baking experience with all their friends.
- We all had a very busy morning creating our special box Christmas tree. We all worked together as a team to paint all the boxes and happily talked about Christmas. It was great to see them working together and supporting each other.
- It was great to see the children sharing their thoughts and asking great relevant questions to the ambulance officer. It was clear that the children have learnt a lot from our current topic about keeping themselves safe and who in our community can help.
- Baking is a great experience with many benefits. It can be tricky for children to wait for a period of time before they get to contribute to measuring ingredients and mixing the baking mixture. Measuring ingredients helps children develop their early maths skills too. Communication: Children become increasingly capable of recognising mathematical symbols and concepts and using them with enjoyment, meaning and purpose.
- We are super excited for Christmas parties and special events we always have at kindy. Belonging – Children feel comfortable with the routines, customs, and regular events.
- The children made very proficient ambulance officers and first responders, even Lily’s skateboarding injury was tended to promptly and efficiently!
- I wonder if the children would like to do some Christmas baking next week!
- Yay! Christmas is coming soon! We can’t wait to see our box Christmas tree with our special angels!