- The tamariki enjoyed a role play experience that involved connecting links between kindy and other settings related to them, including home and parents’ workplaces.
- Following the children’s interest in construction play we had Duplo set up on the carpentry table on the deck this morning. The tamariki enjoyed building their own playground or house individually/ as a team and happily spent a long period of time along with each other.
- The tamariki had a wonderful time serving each other tea and treats at the table, before setting off in the car to work, armed with laptops and cell phones! It was lovely to hear the contextual chatter and the ability of the children to draw from their existing knowledge/experiences.
- From “hands on” fine motor skills to social skills, playing with DUPLO inspires and support our children’s imagination, curiosity and courage to conquer the world, one little step – and one big brick – at a time. Contribution – Children are encouraged to learn with and alongside others. Exploration – Children develop working theories for making sense of the social, physical, and material worlds.
- It is great to see the tamariki recognising and valuing the relationships they can build with others through role play experiences.
- It was so lovely to see their developing imagination and creativity.