Welcome to 2023 whanau! We are really looking forward to a sunny term of learning, love and laughter!
A very warm welcome to our new children and their families: Knox van Tiel, Mila Huljich, Penelope and Freddie Lawrence, Willow Hoani, Isobel Sawyer, Julian Jagwani and Petra Thomas-De Vries.
Dates / events:
Red Dress Up Day – We will celebrate Chinese New Year with a red dress up day on Weds February 8th.
Dad’s Night– Thurs 9th March 5 -7pm. We invite all kindy Dads to come along for a play with their children at kindy and to enjoy a picnic meal of fish and chips.
The programme for this term:
Afternoon children: ‘Topic Time’ Mon/Weds/Fri – This term we are focussing on books. Pre-literacy skills and communication concepts will be introduced and explored.
Tue/Fri- ‘Creative Time’- Let’s explore our creativity!
Monday News Time – A reminder that news time is a chance to share experiences your child has had outside of kindy. If a prompt is required some ideas include a shell, feather, or perhaps a drawing. You may even wish to provide a photo. If needed, teachers are able to print a single photo or previously prepared news page if sent before 8am on the Monday morning.
Water Wednesdays– These will begin on Wednesday the 15th of February. The tamariki are invited to bring along their togs and a towel to enjoy some splashy fun at kindy on each Wednesday of the term.
- School display – Four-year-old children – We have a display of what school the children are going to when they turn 5. Please let a teacher know what school your child will be attending when you know, so we can add them to the display.
- Kindy Mobile Phone – In order for the phone to be effective we need up-to-date phone numbers. Please advise one of the teachers if you have recently changed your number. The number for this phone is 021 0884 9711. There are several advantages to us having this phone, one of which is that you will be able to text to notify us of absences or changes to who will collect your child that day. Please note that we are still able to be contacted on the main kindy phone at all times.
- Email addresses – Please ensure we have a current email address so that we can keep you updated throughout the year on all upcoming events.
- Kindy Leaves – After our whanau tree has finally finished its revamp, we will be encouraging you all to complete a family leaf that we can display on the wall.
- LOST Property – there is a tub under the sign in sheet please check through this as there are plenty of socks and jumpers and they will be ‘repurposed’ at the end of February if not collected.
Sun Safety – Summer is now at full strength and children are required to wear a hat if they wish to play outside. Please bring a named hat for your child, which you can leave in one of our hat boxes if you wish. Although we do have our shade sails up, much of our outdoor area is still exposed to the sun so please apply sunscreen to your child before coming to kindy.
Wet/Soiled clothes bag- Please include a reusable bag for wet clothes in your child’s kindy bag and bring suitable changes in case they are required.
Notice Recognise Respond – A reminder that if you would like this emailed to your inbox each time it is updated please sign up via the website. You will then need to confirm your subscription so check your junk mail.
Please remember we are always here to talk with you and share any thoughts or ideas you have for the kindergarten. You can contact the teachers via email or at the beginning and end of each session.
Warm regards, Olivia, Melanie, Annie, and Wendy.