Pohutukawa Kindergarten is a small private kindergarten that opened in July, 2007. We cater for 2-5 year old children, offering a range of sessions throughout the school term.
We are a chartered service which ensures that our programme delivers Te Whãriki ; the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum. Te Whãriki is based on four principles:
- Holistic Development
- Family and Community
A copy of our charter and all our policies are available at Pohutukawa Kindergarten.
- A professionally developed curriculum
- Developmentally appropriate equipment
- A collaborative approach with parents / caregivers
- A great new outdoor play area
- Competitive session rates
- A safe and secure environment
- A happy, fun-filled start to your child’s education